By Shawna Schofield
While you may have considered taking up dance as a hobby, did you realize the numerous health benefits that can go along with dancing? There are more than you would think, and they are definitely something to keep in mind if you are looking to improve your dancing skills.
1. Dancing can help improve function of the heart and lungs, by providing an aerobic routine that helps you learn to control your breathing, which in turn can benefit your cardiovascular health by serving as a moderate workout routine.
2. It can also improve you muscle strength by toning and building muscle in a gradual manner. This can not only help build lasting muscle, but also improve endurance over time.
3. Dancing can also benefit you if you are looking for a fun weight management exercise. It can not only help shed weight in a controlled manner, but it can help replace that weight with muscle, as mentioned above.
4. Dancing can also help lower your risk of osteoporosis, as the routines can help strengthen you bones, in addition to your muscles.
5. Another benefit of dance is that it can help you develop better coordination, agility, and motor skills; in addition to, improved spacial awareness and overall balance. This can be beneficial at any age, and can go a long way to keep you feeling great for years to come.
6. Dancing can also benefit your mental health; both by increasing mental function, and general mental wellbeing. If you are dealing with anxiety or depression it can offer an outlet that can help improve some symptoms, in addition to clinical assistance of course. Unfortunately, dancing isn’t the end all be all when it comes to feeling 100% better; however, it can have a decent impact.
7. You can also see an improvement in you self confidence and self esteem after you begin dancing. The physicality of it can help you to feel better about your body over all, and learning the skill can give you additional confidence that you hadn’t had before.
8. Last, but not least, learning to dance at a studio can even help improve your social skills. If you opt to attend group classes the interaction can help boost your social skills as you learn the art of dancing with your peers.
These are the top benefits that you can experience when you begin delving into the world of dance. Whether you wish to master the skill, or just learn the basics and go from there, you can feel free to go at your own pace, and see the benefits for yourself. Dancing is an art form, but it is also a great way to stay active and physically fit at any age. If you are interested in learning more, or wish to set up a personal consultation, don’t hesitate to reach out and contact us! We would love to help you get the most out of your dancing experience!